My fiance came back from Taiwan recently, with our wedding bands in tow. I tried on the one for me, and did some “stress tests” to see if the ring was a good fit (basically shaking my hand to see if my ring would fall off).
A couple of days later, we went to Mel’s wedding, and I noticed that my left ring finger was all swollen. The rest of the night saw me continuously going up to my fiance and asking/whining, “See! I’m allergic to wedding rings! I’m too handsome to be tied down.”
Luckily for me, my fiance is pretty used to my awesome funnyness, so she humored me. I also wondered if I was maybe allergic to platinum, which, based on comments in my last post, is known to happen. My fiance quickly shot that down, since, as she pointed out, I hold her left hand a lot, her engagement ring is platinum and my right hand is fine.
The next day, the mystery was solved. It turned out I had a bug bite on that finger.
Clearly, the mosquito was jealous.