cupcake anyone?

Cupcakes have become more and more popular as a wedding cake option. I really love beautiful and innovative designs of cupcake stands I’ve seen lately.  One of my absolute favorites from the New York Metropolitan area is Pink Cake Box. Here are some of my favorite ones:

made by Pink Cake Box

made by Pink Cake Box

The beautiful top tier cake allows for the newly weds to observe the tradition of saving the top tier, freezing it, and then eating it at their one year anniversary.

made by pink cake box

made by pink cake box

This one is a bit more simple, but oh so elegant. Also the great thing is that the bride won’t have to choose one or two flavors, she can have it all with a cupcake cake!

made by pink cake box

With a cupcake cake, it is usually a more affordable option than a whole multi-tiered wedding cake.  As a budget saving alternative, ask a friend or relative to make and decorate the cupcakes as a wedding gift.  With these little delights so popular lately, you’ll be surprised how many people you know are pros at it.  There are endless color schemes possibilities and floral decorations. I love the  florals and butterfly on the top tier of this cake.

big-cake1037

Isn’t this just the sweetest cake? He he. The topper is just adorable and I love the sprinkle of roses amongst the tiers.

Did you have or are you thinking about a cupcake cake for your wedding? Tell me about your ideas!

This entry was posted in Cake, Design Ideas and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to cupcake anyone?

1. auschick says:

i had a cupcake cake! i had green tea cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes :) mmm :)

2. Mel says:

nat, that sounds delicious!! the two flavors work so well together! yum.

3. Christine says:

These look so yummy that I could eat through my monitor to get to them.

4. Basheba says:

I have to disagree with the whole wedding-cupcake “rage”! It just screams CHEAP!! It’s like getting a sack lunch at the reception. I don’t care how much they cost or how good they look, if I went to a wedding and there were cupcakes instead of a cake, I would think the whole affair was tacky. As I heard one tme, the bride is the star of the wedding and the cake is the star of the reception. Brides, don’t be cheap or trashy, reward your guest with a traditional cake even if it’s a small one.

5. Christine says:

Not sure about the cheapness of cupcakes. Some folks may do it for economic reasons but if you get a really good cupcake, it’s not cheap at all. Even celebrities have cupcakes at their wedding: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20355330,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontentcnn. I think it’s a good idea to have a small cake for display, or even a fake cake http://www.bigfatcake.com/blog/2009/11/fake-cakes/, even if you have the cupcakes.

6. Terrence Wittmer says:

In the early 19th century, there were two different uses for the name cup cake or cupcake. In previous centuries, before muffin tins were widely available, the cakes were often baked in individual pottery cups, ramekins, or molds and took their name from the cups they were baked in. This is the use of the name that has remained, and the name of “cupcake” is now given to any small cake that is about the size of a teacup.”‘

<Have a good one `^."-"http://www.caramoan.co/